Hey Banters! Today I decided to make this delicious banting-friendly chicken lasagna. It’s funny how whenever we think about eating healthy and dieting etc. we tend to think about sacrifice and going without. I am on a mission to try and enjoy this low carb lifestyle by cooking the things that I am used to enjoying on a “non” low carb lifestyle and transforming them into healthier low carb meal options. So today we have a banting chicken lasagna on the menu that has zero lasagna lol. It’s all about making the necessary changes beloveds for the sake of being healthy, losing that fat and feeling our absolute best.
I really hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Give it a try and let me have your thoughts? If you do it differently, feel free to share and let us know so that we can all benefit from each other. I love having you here and I would love to hear from you! Xx
2 tblsp butter
½ red pepper
½ green pepper
4 tomatoes / 1 tin of tomatoes
2 tblsp tomato paste
3 chicken breasts
1 tblsp of olive oil
1 clove of garlic
12 chicken slices (deli meat) or eggplant slices (aubergine)
1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
½ cup cheddar cheese
A pinch of mixed herbs & ground black pepper (to sprinkle over the cheese)
Spices of your choice to flavour the tomato mixture (I used the following):
½ tsp pink himalayan salt
½ tsp white pepper
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp of xylitol
1. Preheat oven to 180⁰c.
2. Slice onions, red pepper & green pepper.
3. In a pan, heat the 2 tblsp of butter and cook the onions and peppers on a medium heat until soft.
4. In the meantime, prepare the chicken by seasoning it with some pink Himalayan salt & pepper. Now cook this in 1 tblsp of olive oil and approximately ½ a cup of water with some fresh chopped garlic. Allow to cool once done, shred and set aside.
5. Blend the tomatoes and the tomato paste until smooth.
6. Place the tomato mixture into a saucepan and add the seasoning.
7. Blend well and allow to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Add the shredded chicken to the tomato mixture and allow to cook on medium heat until the sauce thickens.
9. Line a casserole dish with some baking paper and layer half of the chicken slices in the dish ensuring that they overlap each other.
10. Using half of the ingredients, create a layer of chicken, then the cooked peppers and top with the cheese.
11. Repeat with the other half of the ingredients and sprinkle some mixed herbs and fresh ground pepper over the top.
12. Place in the oven for approximately 25 minutes until the cheese is brown and bubbly.
13. Allow to cool and cut into portions.
14. Enjoy your delicious banting chicken lasagna!
This can be served with some sour cream, avocado or my personal favourite, some plain double cream yoghurt.
#bantingrecipes #bantingdiet #lowcarbrecipes #ketogenicdiet #lowcarb lasagna #chickenlasagna #lasagna #ketolasagna #recipesforweightloss #lowcarbmealideas
You’re welcome Neziswa 🙂
This looks delicious…I can’t wait to try it! 🙂